Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI simulator stability

Bassam Abbasi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

We deployed ACI simulator v 4.2(7) as a VM on ESXi with 12vCPU and 24GB memory. The deployment seems unstable and the VM reboots every month, Has anyone experienced such behavior? 

Thanks

Bassam 

2 Replies 2

acmurali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Bassam, 

We've been running this version on a simulator with similar hardware specs in a VM in our lab it seems to work fine, been up for a few months now. Additionally I confirmed that your resources are in line with the requirements to run the simulator. 

I've seen some issues in the past where the VMware environment's instability has caused reboots on the simulator. 
If possible it may be a good idea to also export out logs from ACI simulator set up on a regular basis after about 3 weeks so you can see if there is any useful info logged when the reboot is occurring. Unfortunately after the reboot as you must already know we don't have much info to investigate as the simulator is wiped clean.

BR,

Achintya 

The simulator is notoriously unstable after a while. This is experience from multiple installations in multiple environments.

While we didn't encounter that vmware rebooted it, we can see that overtime it can be nonresponsive or unusuable (I am guessing memory leaks, etc?), and I wouldn't exclude that the vm reboots itself.

Best to have an exported configuration you can read back after setting the basic parameters unfortunately.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License