how to reset a apic simulator 3.0  to factory default

Thx,

Glenn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you power cycle the APIC simulator appliance it would reset it settings to factory default which means that after the reboot you will be need to go through the initial configuration script.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you power cycle the APIC simulator appliance it would reset it settings to factory default which means that after the reboot you will be need to go through the initial configuration script.

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for the solution, it works just fine.
But this means that every time the simulator reboots I have lost all my configuration.

Could you please confirm this.
I also run into another problem, I only see one apic, 2 leafes and 2 spine in the topology.

Do you know how I can solve this.

Thx in advance

Regards,

Glenn

Yes, it is correct every time you reboot the APIC simulator it will reset the configuration.

When you went through the set up script, did you also configure APIC 2 and APIC 3? In the initial script you get the option to switch between APICs by pressing  Alt-F1  for APIC 1  Alt-F2 for APIC2 and Alt-F3 for APIC 3.

apic-sim.JPG

Hi Maunuel,

Yes i configured the initial steps to configure the apic's, but I don't see the other 2 apic's.
I have done several resets to.

Regards,

Glenn

[cid:image001.jpg@01D3E38B.552D5570]
[cid:image002.jpg@01D3E38B.552D5570]
[cid:image003.jpg@01D3E38B.552D5570]

[cid:image004.jpg@01D3E38B.552D5570]

When you go throught the initial set scripts, do you change and if the default values?   If you do, let’s NOT change any of the default values except for the management IPs and the GW.  Keep all of the defaul values for including the infra vlan, vlan Pool, multicast IPs...etc.

Hi Manuel,

Yes i used de default settings.

Regards,

Glenn

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License