Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

ACI SPAN Session

I want to do an ACI SPAN Session, but I need to source three ports/interfaces on a Leaf………can I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: ACI SPAN Session

Hi Kevin, 

Yes you can do an access span with multiple interfaces on the same switch for a single SPAN session. You will just have to have a destination IP to send them to that needed to be learned in the fabric (ex like a VM with a learned IP) Here is example showing multiple interfaces defined.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.30.19 PM.png

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Michael G. 

12 REPLIES 12
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin, 

Yes you can do an access span with multiple interfaces on the same switch for a single SPAN session. You will just have to have a destination IP to send them to that needed to be learned in the fabric (ex like a VM with a learned IP) Here is example showing multiple interfaces defined.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.30.19 PM.png

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Michael G. 

Beginner

Perfect I will try that thanks

Highlighted
Beginner

Spoke to soon....I'm on version 2.0(2f).......It doesn't give me the option to select individual paths, just the entire source EPG path.....your GUI seems to be a newer version, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.   Any ideas?
Thanks

Beginner

Spoke to soon....I'm on version 2.0(2f) It doesn't give me the option to select individual paths, just the entire source EPG path your GUI seems to be a newer version, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.   Any ideas?
Thanks

Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin,

You should have the option to bypass configuring a source EPG and just creating source paths instead. Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing? I do not have a 2.0(2f) fabric readily at this second.

Please let me know, 

Thanks

Beginner

Sure see below

2017-08-30_17-47-03.jpg

Cisco Employee

Let me check if this is just supported in later versions

Cisco Employee

It looks like you are in fabric polices not access policies? What port are you trying to SPAN?  A front panel port or a port inside the fabric facing the spine?

Beginner

good catch..........I was not in access policies.......I see where I can lock it down to the leaf host port......let me see how it goes.
Beginner

I configured it, and my "Operation State" didn't come up it stayed "down" when I enabled the "Administrative state"......any ideas?

Cisco Employee

Also to clarify, if the destination is an IP on a different leaf this is considered an ERSPAN. If not and you are sending it to a specific interface on the same leaf this would be a local span.

Beginner

OK.....understood
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards