cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI SPAN Session

Kevin Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I want to do an ACI SPAN Session, but I need to source three ports/interfaces on a Leaf………can I do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin, 

Yes you can do an access span with multiple interfaces on the same switch for a single SPAN session. You will just have to have a destination IP to send them to that needed to be learned in the fabric (ex like a VM with a learned IP) Here is example showing multiple interfaces defined.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.30.19 PM.png

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Michael G. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin, 

Yes you can do an access span with multiple interfaces on the same switch for a single SPAN session. You will just have to have a destination IP to send them to that needed to be learned in the fabric (ex like a VM with a learned IP) Here is example showing multiple interfaces defined.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.30.19 PM.png

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Michael G. 

Perfect I will try that thanks

Spoke to soon....I'm on version 2.0(2f).......It doesn't give me the option to select individual paths, just the entire source EPG path.....your GUI seems to be a newer version, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.   Any ideas?
Thanks

Spoke to soon....I'm on version 2.0(2f) It doesn't give me the option to select individual paths, just the entire source EPG path your GUI seems to be a newer version, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.   Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi Kevin,

You should have the option to bypass configuring a source EPG and just creating source paths instead. Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing? I do not have a 2.0(2f) fabric readily at this second.

Please let me know, 

Thanks

Sure see below

2017-08-30_17-47-03.jpg

Let me check if this is just supported in later versions

It looks like you are in fabric polices not access policies? What port are you trying to SPAN?  A front panel port or a port inside the fabric facing the spine?

good catch..........I was not in access policies.......I see where I can lock it down to the leaf host port......let me see how it goes.

I configured it, and my "Operation State" didn't come up it stayed "down" when I enabled the "Administrative state"......any ideas?

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also to clarify, if the destination is an IP on a different leaf this is considered an ERSPAN. If not and you are sending it to a specific interface on the same leaf this would be a local span.

OK.....understood
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: