Views
Helpful
Replies

ANM as syslog server

Adrian Lazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do you know of any limitations of using ANM VM as a syslog server ? We have 8 ACE appliances in total, each with 5-7 contexts and the logging level is set to 5-notifications. We only have around 30 min log retention, aproximate 11000 entries in total, after that ANM starts to overwrite the logs.

Is there any way to increase the number of logs that ANM can hold ?

Thanks,

Adrian

2 Replies 2

Alex Rickard
Level 1
Level 1

ANM is not intended to replace a dedicated syslog server. As such you should setup a dedicated syslog server to get the historical data and aditional functionality that such a server would provide.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the fast answer. Is this ANM limitation (aprox. 11000 log entries ) documented somewhere ? Can the maximum log entries value be increased to more than the 11000 entries that I am seeing now with the default config?

I agree that ANM should not be used as a dedicated syslog server but I think it should be able to handle at least a couple of days of logs (not only 30 min ).

Thanks,

Adrian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: