cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE 510 nd smartfilter

srooplal
Level 1
Level 1

I have on demo a ce 510 with smartfilter on evaluation. I installed the ce , working OK. When I install the SF , on the server it says that the "agent not respondin" - ce running version 5.1.1 - SF url filtering is enabled on the CE.I reinstalled the SF server many times , still same problem. There is no problem with the CE configuration , do I have to downgrade the IOS to version 5.0.I need to get this working - If I cannot , the customer will go with Squid/Websense

11 Replies 11

jfoerster
Level 4
Level 4

HI,

I guess that you are using standard communication on Port 8001. You've to use encrypted communication on port 8003. This would as far as i can judge this right now solve the issue.

Cheers,

Joerg

On the SF admin server , I do have the port configured for 8005 - https://10.10.0.253:8005 - still device would not respond

Hi,

give it a try with

https://10.10.0.253:8003 !!! 8003 not 8005!!!

cheers,

joerg

I changed the gui to port 8005 on the CE - tried with 8003 yesterday - same problem - is this not a IOS issue - v 5.1

you need to change this in the script. it is bug. If you will give me your e:mail, I will send you instruction. Also you need to verify the version of smartfilter.

Hi

For what its worth, I've used SF 3.22 on a bunch of CE565's and CE510's all running 5.1.5.2 with no problems. It doesn't work properly unless you download the workstation and server version 3.22 from Secure's website. Then all you need to do is use enable SF on the CE. The port used for the server to communicate with the plugin (the SF app on the Content Engine) is the same port used to talk directly to the Content Engine via HTTPS. So if you can't login into the CE via HTTPS://X.X.X.X:8003 then SF won't work. You also need to use the same userid/password in the SF config (and tick use secure comms).

I've got 2500 users running over 24 CE's on 5.1.5.2 all fine,

regards

Mark

well I've it running with standard setting ACNS 5.1.5B2 and SMF 3.1.2 Admin Server running on solaris and GUI running on WIN2k/XP-PC

Cheers,

Joer

Hi Joer, I had a problem in Windows environment, probably UNIX is not affected. It was error in script. You change the configuration for correct port 8003, and in the script it still old one:-)

Bah...

my connection broke so the last posting was incomplete:

Well standard settings as described by Marc and version 3.1.2 is running fine on my site but I upgraded my 7305s from 5.0.x to 5.1.5B2 due to some SMF bugs.

Maybe this is the trick why 3.1.2 is working fine....

Cheers,

Joerg

You can confirm the SF version thats running on the CE by telneting in and the cd into the smartfilter folder and there's a file in there that lists the plugin version.

I can confirm that the plugin is 3.21 on the CE under version 5.1.X of ACNS, it took me a few hours to figure out the version was upgraded from version 5.0 and that the 3.12 doesn't work with 5.1.

A support person at Secure confirmed that although the plugin is 3.21 the 3.22 WS and server do work. My working (live) environment is based on W2K Server for SF server and XP/2K for the WS.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: