Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACE Appliance showing error while boot

solaikumar k
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I intend to Configure two ACE appliance in one arm mode, Post configuration I have tried to test the functionalities of the same.

Below are the queries which I am having now.

>Post reboot of the appliance it popped with the error ,pls clarify .

Starting sysmgr processes.. Please wait...tg3: tg3_reset_hw timed out for eth1, firmware will not restart magic=4b657654

tg3: tg3_reset_hw timed out for eth1, firmware will not restart magic=4b657654

Done!!!

> Please confirm whether SNAT is compusory for one-arm mode setup . as our requirement is to loadbalance only the requests from the clients .

the reply from server should go back to the client directly .

> How can I achieve the HA config with out dedicated port . as I have configured port channel for all the 4 ports . I am not interested to provide the seperate port for HA.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

ravi281278
Level 1
Level 1

Hi SolaiKumar,

The error seems to be on linux kernel.Not sure how to fix it.

As per my knowledge SNAT is required in one armed mode. Client should always speak to VIP to achieve LB.We can use stickiness if required.

For HA below link is helpfull.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/contnetw/ps5719/ps7027/ps8361/guide_c07-572616_ps7027_Products_White_Paper.html

Regards

Thanks for the quick reply ravi , because of the above mentioned error in secondary box . i am unable to build the HA.

Some times post the hard reboot , I am unable to get into config mode also . suggest if you have any.

Hi SolaiKumar,

Config mode gets disabled on standby ACE. If u r not able to enter config mode of Active box, we will need to unplug the secondary box.

Rgds

Cesar Roque
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

> Please confirm whether SNAT is compusory for one-arm mode setup .  as our requirement is to loadbalance only the requests from the clients  .

the reply from server should go back to the client directly .

**Mos of the times SNAT is require but is not must.  For example, you can have the servers connected to a L2 Switch, using the ACE as DG and you probably don't need SNAT.

The important is to have the response of the server going back to the ACE with or without NAT

> How can I achieve the HA config with out dedicated port . as I have  configured port channel for all the 4 ports . I am not interested to  provide the seperate port for HA.

***Configure in the portchannel the ft-port vlan command.  Remember that the FT vlan should be L2, no L3 devices in between the ACEs

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

--------------------- Cesar R ANS Team