cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11503 w/SSL - Pages load quickly only with empty browser cache

mdtodd
Level 1
Level 1

I've got an 11503 with an SSL acceleration module. I've got it working, but I'm having a weird problem with pulling up images on page reload. I've tested this with multiple browser types (Firefox, IE, etc). When I pull up the SSL accelerated page, it loads very quickly. However, if I try to reload the page it comes up very very slowly. I have to manually clear the cache to get the page to load quickly again. Otherwise, the page comes up with no images and acts as if it is still pulling them down. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks much!

7 Replies 7

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCee88220

CSS-SSL Session ID reuse is slower than without using re-use

Just a guess but sounds like it.

Gilles.

Gilles,

This doesn't seem to be related, as I haven't configured any kind of reuse. If it is a default, how do I disable it?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

this is the browser that does the reuse.

This is part of SSL protocol.

To speed up new connection and avoid full ssl handshake a client can reuse the session id it was given by the server.

So, you can't disable it from the CSS.

Don't think you can even turn if off on the client.

You should just upgrade.

Gilles.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently running 07.40.1.03. What can I upgrade to?

Thanks,

Mike

drex_72
Level 1
Level 1

What version of the CSS Software are you using?

We had an issue when we upgraded from 7.20 to 7.40.1.03. The first time we'd access our web site, it would load up fast. If we tried to refresh or close the browser and hit it again, it would take a long time to get the page to load. On top of that, the cascading stylesheet would not load properly and the page's format would be off.

Our fix was to upgrade to version 7.40.1.06s.

I hope you're not still running 7.40.1.06s

It had a huge memory leak and was removed from our site immediately.

You should go to the next release.

Thanks,

Gilles.

Actually we are still running it.

We haven't seen any problems, but if you suggest going to the next version, then I'm all for it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card