cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Cisco ACE open connections to rservers?

maalvare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

How Cisco ACE decides that a new connection must be open to an rserver? I observed a spike of connections to 10x normal and want to understand what makes ACE open more connections to the rservers (besides more traffic coming in).

As a follow up, is there a way I can check if sessions are getting replicated across rservers? I am using 'persistence rebalance' strict along with ‘cookie-insert’ for session stickiness.

I am on a ACE20-MOD-K9 using system A2 (3.5)

Regards,

Manuel

1 Reply 1

bhartsfield
Level 1
Level 1

I do not know the answer to the connection question but I may be able to help on the session question.

Now, if you are referring to session replciation between two ACE modules?  If so, you can do 'sho sticky database detail' and you will see two lines at the bottom of each entry for

created-from-HA-peer:        FALSE

HA-replicated-at-least-once: TRUE

Now if you wanting to see if sticky sessions are divided evenly between the rservers, I often use

sh sticky database group | inc | count

and then run that for both real servers and will show how many sticky entries are on each real server. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: