cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

web interface for CSS 11154

david.santeramo
Level 1
Level 1

Need to know if the XMLAPI on the CSS is publically available? I don't really like the CSS web interface and want to develop something along the lines of the F5 interface. I found the F5 interface to be much more robust.

thanks

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, the XMLAPI is publicly available. It uses the same command set as the CLI, in stanza format. The XMLAPI parses input into CLI commands, which are then executed in bulk. The XMLAPI currently provides no facility to read the current config from the CSS, so an automated system would need to traverse the MIB (read only) or telnet to CLI (user mode.) I was told Cisco is planning to extend the capabilities of the XMLAPI in a future release to provide bi-directional capability.You should check out the new WebNS 5.0. Cisco has made many enhancements to the management interface based on user feedback including secure management via SSL.You also now have the ability to modify configurations, improved configuration screens, and much better on-line help. If you have suggestions for future releases, you can file enhancement requests through Cisco’s TAC.