cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access from Network // Web-Based Switch Configuration Utility

kspharler
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have the SG 200-08 switch connected to a wireless router, with my desktops connected by wire to the switch, and the laptops over the air to the router. When I received these network devices, I re-arranged by home network, and have been connecting my laptop by wire to the switch as well, simply for the bandwidth between my networked computers.  So, it wasn't until tonight that I tried connecting to the switch's configuration page while connected wirelessly, and discovered that I could not.  The router's IP address is 192.168.7.7, and the switch is 192.168.7.14, both statically set.  When I try to go to the switch's address, the page loads the title "Switch" in the tab, as if it's made some sort of connection, but the page never actually loads.

I've not ruled out that I may just have something configured in such a way that is preventing me from doing this, or I am misunderstanding something about the way that switches and routers work together maybe... but I was also curious if this might be by design perhaps?  Is it required to be connected directly to the switch to access the configuration page?  I know that I've encountered at least one device before that had this as an option (that is, the option to require a direct connection to access the configuration page).

2 Replies 2

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Kevin,

Please download latest firmware (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12565)  and try again. Let me know if you're still having problem.

Regards,

Don

I'll double-check when I get home, but unless there has been a recent update to the firmware, I'm fairly certain that the firmware is as updated as it can get.

EDIT:  NEVERMIND, I just noticed that you have posted a new firmware