cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL problem with SRP540 beta code

Jari Rautiainen
Level 1
Level 1

I have SRP547W. I have been running several different versions of beta code. Problem is that after about 5-6days ADSL stops forwarding traffic. traffic between lan and wlan works ok. ADSL is ADSL2+ bridged EoATM with dhcp. I have tried to retrain the line but that does not help (well it retrains ok, gets address from dhcp, but still no traffic between wan and lan. I have used reboot as solution. Now I found that also resubmitting the dsl_qs.asp also restores the connection.

I just upgraded to 020 code, so I have no idea if this also sufferes from same problem. I noticed that it's the release candidate so I thought to bring this up.

9 Replies 9

Jari Rautiainen
Level 1
Level 1

Ok. Same problem with "020" code. Reboot or hitting submit button on "quick setup -> basic configuration setup -> wan setup" page help. Upgrading now to "023" code.

Same problem also with "023" code.

Hi Jari,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I'll have our engineering team take a look at this.

In the mean time, could you please grab a device status file from the SRP (look under Admin>Remote Support) as soon after the link fails as possible?

Many thanks

Andy

[For my information I raised CSCts28580 for this issue]

Hi Andy,

I'll do that. I just restored the connection by pushing the submit-button on wan setup page. I'll expect the connection to freeze again sometime on sunday. I'll get back to you then.

Hi Andy,

ADSL connection freezed again last night between 0:15am - 5:50am.

I sent you the debug_info.tgz by email

Thanks,

Jari

Many thanks Jari,

Hopefully this will provide the information we need.

Andy

Hi Jari,

The next time that this happens, could you please try the following:

1. Provide a screen shot of the following pages:

Status > Interface Information

Status > ADSL Status

2. Go to the /dsldiag.asp page.  This is a "hidden" page, so you'll need to manually enter the URL (maintain the session ID)

3. From this page, collect the status information the text box - please send this to us.

4. Click on the Retrain button - does this bring the link back?

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

1. will do

2. yes, i'm aware of this page. Victor told me about this page when we were debugging the problem when the adsl line didn't come up at all. the first beta release we tried resolved this.

3. will do

4. I have tried this with every beta code I have tried. When traffic freezes, "Link" is up, Status is "showtime" and still IP traffic does not flow. When I retrain, it is successfully completed, status is Showtime again but i'm still unable to f.ex ping anything through the adsl line. not from lan and not from router gui. I even checked the log in debug mode and you can see that router gets the wan ip correctly from the operator, so seems that line itself works. But could the "logical" wan interface be somehow in somekind of non-forwading state.

Only thing that helps is reboot or clicking the submit button on dsl_qs.asp page.

-Jari

Hi Jari,

Any updates?  Have you seen the issue again recently?  Do you have any more logging information for us?

Many thanks

Andy