Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration of delivery attempt.

joetam
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

When the email server is rebooted, the Cisco antispam block will return error message with delivery attempts retry.. How to configure it ?

smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com (delivery attempts: 0)

Where is the setting?

Joe Tam

3 Replies 3

bethingt
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure what you are wanting to configure. Can you explain a little more? If the mail server goes down the blocker will que the messages and attempt to redeliver them.

Dear Sir,

My question is that I found that when I shutdown the email server (for example: 10 mininutes because of server reboot).  During the email server application is unavailable, the cisco antispam will return undelivery Error message to sender immediately instead of cisco blocker attempt any retry delivery (e.g. 2 times etc).

Can I change any setting to make sure that it will attemp delivery re-try instead of return un-delivery report ?

Hi JoeTam

It sounds like you are looking for the "Bounce Profiles" option. This can be found under Network > Bounce Profiles

You should find number of retries, interval between retries and customize the bounce message on this page. You can either globally configure the profile for any messages the blockers is attempting to handle, or make a specific profile that can be applied to specific situations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: