cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware 1.0.3 Problems

jpulido123
Level 1
Level 1

I have updated 2 boxes up to the newest firmware (1.0.3) and since doing that I've noticed that after a week or two internet traffic just stops. I look at the log file and I dont see anything important so I reboot the ISA and everthing is fine again for about a a week and a half.

Anyone else having issues with this firmware??

11 Replies 11

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Juan,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We're releasing 1.0.3 fw for quite sometime now and we haven't heard similar problem. Just a few questions:

- did you fac-reset when upgrading the device?

- you mentioned that "internet traffic stop", is it only happen to wired or wifi client, or both?

- can you ping to outside from ISA itself? If it happen again, please also try it .

Thanks and regards,

Don

Don,

Thanks for getting back to me on this since this is a wired issue and I didn't think anything of it until I had the same issue happen on two boxes.

- did you fac-reset when upgrading the device?

Yes I performed a fac-reset as per the instructions

- you mentioned that "internet traffic stop", is it only happen to wired or wifi client, or both?

Traffic stops for both wired and wireless

- can you ping to outside from ISA itself? If it happen again, please also try it

Can't remember if I tried this step, but I did try it from both a wired and wireless computer and it didn't work

Thanks Juan,

Let's continue to monitor traffic while we're investigating in-house. If you happen to see it again, please also try to ping and collect the diagnostic files from ISA itself (devmgmt>CiscoServices>sendDiagnostic).

Rgs,

Don

Don,

So the internet just stopped working on one of the devices again. I will be sending you an email with the attached files you requested.

Juan Pulido

Hi Juan,

Could you please disable the UDP flood protection to see if that's

the feature causing the issue ? it is under Firewall->Attack Protection.

Wei

Wi Weilia,

Thanks for the quick response... I'll make the change right now and let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Juan

Hi Juan,

Does it work ?

thanks

Wei

Weilia,

So far so good.

I have come across another issue now. When I enable web content filtering it works for a couple of days then it starts blocking all content until I go into the ISA and refresh the settings then the web filtering starts working again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Juan Pulido

Hi Juan,

when the issue happens could you check if Server Status is online or offline

from the Security Services Dashboard ? We have an issue fixed in later release

that sometimes the security services goes offline under heavy traffic. the work

around is to disable, save, enable, save, to recover.

Also, what's you configuration in case that server is offline, Please check

under Web URL filtering->Advanced Settings. (block or allow)

Regards,

Wei

Weilia,

OK so everything has been working great on the router up until last night. The only thing that I did different last night was this was the first night I had a lot of downloading to do over the internet about 4-5GB at one time. About half an hour after the down load was complete I started getting calls that the internet was down (wired and wireless). I was able to ping 4.2.2.2 from both my computer and the router, but when trying to a URL it didn't work from either. I downloaded the SystemDiag before rebooting the device. I'll send the log to Don's and your email address.

Thanks,

Juan Pulido

Hi Juan,

from the log, looks like the UDP flood protection is enabled.

is it ?

Wei