Views
Helpful
Replies

Misc Bugs - ver 0809

brasakai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Running 0809 version.  Hopefully, most of these issues have been resolved:

1. RV320 - In earlier version, I though we would get some info via Bonjour, LLDP and SNMP.  I don't see any info for the RV320.  Also, no Internet icon. Running 1.2.1.14.

2. On the "Event Setting" page - Typo - "Fireware Update".  Also, should it be "Event Settings" instead of "Event Setting"

3. On Platform Settings - Why is the default hostname "OpenWRT"?  Can't we do "FindITNM" or something like that?

4. Can we set the default interval to 1H or 2H for the client counts?  For Traffic, maybe use 10 min?

3 Replies 3

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A couple of comments:

1. Not sure about this one.  Will let engineering comment on that.  But when you say you don't see any info, do you mean none at all?  Nothing in the Basic Info or Device Detail panels?  Don't suppose you can supply some screenshots for this?

2. We will be going through and reviewing all the UI strings in a couple of weeks as part of the preparation for localisation.  That will include fixing all the typos and sloppy or outdated terminology.

3. Similarly with the defaults.  They will all be reviewed and updated over the next couple of weeks.  Will also adjust things like default NTP servers etc.

4. Fair enough.  That makes sense to me.  Unless anyone violently objects and wants to get a discussion going on the subject, we can make that change.

Cheers,

Dave.

I figured out why I was not seeing the RV320 info in FindIT.  It was Bonjour.  It seems the RV320 stop sending out adverts.  In the RV320 UI I first disabled Bonjour and then enable it.  After that, I was able to see all of the RV320 information as well as get Traffic Stats in FindIT.  

That reliefs me a lot, we can't reproduce it in our test bed.

For other issues, #3,4 is already addressed, #2 will be changed during my review of localisation.

Thanks,

Brian