Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Services menu navigation for a specific device model

ageorgie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

We are developing an IP Phone Service for authenticating against 3rd party application and are having an issue which seems to be applicable only to specific phone model/software:

Model: 7821

Firmware: sip78xx.10-3-1-12

The service is created in CUCM with Service Category: XML Service and Service Type: Standard IP Phone Service and the corresponding devices are subscribed for this service. So, typical flow is like that:

1. User logs in with Extension Mobility on the device
  2. User navigates to Services menu
  3. User selects the service in question, listed in the service menu
  4. Request is send to the 3rd party application with the  Devicename, then the application looks up for the username in CUCM
  5. Based on the login status in the application, the application responds with xml template and confirmation message to the end user, asking whether he/she wants to go Online or Offline in the 3rd party application
  6. When user clicks Update on the device after receiving the message, the login or logout to the application happens and successful message is sent back and printed on the device
  7. When user click Exit on the device, he/she is being sent back to the main Services menu (list of services) like on step 2

Issue here that we are facing on the device I have listed above is that when on step 7 user clicks Exit, user is brought back to the confirmation message (on step 5), instead of the main Services screen with the list of services, which is causing confusion for our end customers.

The thing here is that we don’t see any communication between the device and the 3rd party application after clicking Exit on step 7 and are not sure why this is happening on that specific device model and if we can do anything to prevent it. If the same user logs in with his/her EM profile on another device (CP-7961G for example), that issue is not seen and the Exit on step 7 is sending the user back to the Services list.

I will be very thankful if someone can comment or advise what can be done to prevent/workaround this. Let me know if further details are needed.

Thank you,

Alex

1 Reply 1

Roman Dolgushev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex,

As I understand this is issue with MSHG (VF).

Could you please contact with me at drv@cisco.com.

Roman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: