cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvi14641 - Cisco 3802 AP cannot connect/get IP from DHCP

Mikhail Faifman
Level 1
Level 1

I was adding a new AP3802I and it would not get IP from DHCP. Google search revealed the old Cisco bug (which may or may not be the case). However, log records were identical to this bug CSCvi14641.

I was able to resolve the issue after assigning a static IP to wired0 port using console connection, after that IP got on the network and everything started to work as expected. Hopefully someone can benefit from my finding and resolve this issue if they hit it in future.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the controller running on?

Check if the serial number is affected in the FN - 70143 - Some 3802 Wireless Access Points Might Be Unable to Connect to the Wired Network.

Thank you for the response. WLC5508 running 8.5.182.0. Previously run 8.5.171.0 until 3 weeks ago or so. This AIR-AP3802I-B-K9 is the first that we provisioned using 8.5.182.0 (I think so). We have a mix of other AP3802(I/P) and they did not have such an issue, although some needed "dance around" with LAG support, if I recall correctly.

I don't have sufficient privileges to view the field notice FN - 70143 - Some 3802 Wireless Access Points Might Be Unable to Connect to the Wired Network

May I PM you the serial number so that you can check for me? Should I be concerned now after it joined WLC and works fine?

@Mikhail Faifman wrote:

I don't have sufficient privileges to view the field notice

The FN is public facing and it is not secured behind a pay-wall.  Anyone with a browser has full access to FN page.
The Serial Number Validation Tool will require any CCO access -- The same CCO login used to post in this forum can be used to access the Serial Number Validation Tool.

NOTE:  If the AP is indeed affected by this FN, take a screenshot of the result because it can/will be used to help speed up the RMA process.

Mikhail Faifman
Level 1
Level 1

you are correct, I was able to use Serial Number Validation Tool. I clicked on CSCvh75513 and this is where I had insufficient privileges.

The SN I had trouble with is reported as "Not Affected".

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: