cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C200 M2 - Cannot locate CIMC IP and No Boot option to hit F8

Texmansru47
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UCS C200 M2 server at my house.  It runs CENTOS7 presently but migrating to Rocky 9 soon.  I have an systems alert flashing and I get the 18 beeps.  However, I cannot get in to CIMC via the IP because it seems to either be the wrong one or just not working.  When I try to reboot and hit the F8 key to get to the bios I don't get that option.  It goes from the Hardware/memory checks to loading the OS.  Is there ANYTHING I can do get to back to the CIMC option?  I do Have a KVM console cable but for some reason it is not pulling up the console... so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

1 Reply 1

Texmansru47
Level 1
Level 1

Seriously?  A server from Cisco and no one can figure out a means for me to get to the CMOS without the IP address for the CIMC card, or the F8 function not working after the hardware check.  I get NO CMOS screen or splash screen.. straight to the OS.  COME ON Guys... Techs at Cisco... you have to have a backdoor to get the CMOS working again?  If not your servers are crap... sorry but come on.. This is nuts.