cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Used Cisco Nexus models with fixed license - Any suggestions?

kieron013
Level 1
Level 1

I have been asked to suggest a Cisco Nexus Switch model to buy on Ebay. The Nexus should be able to act as Supervisor for N2K FEX, L2 / L3 capability, 10G, and BGP if possible. If SD-WAN possible, it will help, but not mandatory.

I was trying to Google the info but realized that the NX-OS license is not fixed anymore on Cisco and features need to be licensed. Also, seems like the licenses have expiry dates. I don't want to make a wrong recommendation, because of my lack of knowledge.

So, can some kind folks here please suggest a couple of models of Nexus switches that are not too expensive which I can suggest that they purchase on Ebay? Budget: 500 - 1000 USD. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

1 Reply 1

aamagasu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi! I don't have a suggestion about which model to choose, but I do recommend contacting an authorized Cisco partner to make the purchase rather than going to eBay. Cisco Partners can sell you Cisco Refresh--our certified remanufactured equipment--which is a far safer bet. It's deeply discounted, comes with a full warranty, and ships fast. Plus, I'm certain the partner would be able to provide guidance about which switch is right for the job. Good luck!