cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can some people say that CCNA is a super basic & foundational exam

vijay001
Level 1
Level 1

Does networking really get that much harder where some people can say that the CCNA is a super basic exam covering only the fundamentals of networking? I find the CCNA to be one of the most difficult things I have studied for, and I don't see how it is "just the basics". Does networking get easier after you build the CCNA knowledge for yourself?

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @vijay001,

The difficulty of networking can vary depending on one's experience and background knowledge. For someone who is new to the field and has no prior experience in networking, the CCNA exam can be challenging and cover a lot of material. However, for someone who has been working in the field for many years and has a strong understanding of networking concepts, the exam may be easier to pass.

That being said, the CCNA exam covers a wide range of topics in networking, from basic networking concepts to more advanced topics like routing protocols, switching, and network security. It provides a solid foundation of knowledge and skills that can be built upon with further experience and learning.

Networking can be a complex field, and as technology advances and new challenges arise, there will always be new things to learn and master. So while the CCNA may be considered a basic or entry-level certification, it is still a valuable and important credential in the networking industry, and building upon its knowledge can lead to more advanced certifications and opportunities for growth.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Does networking really get that much harder where some people can say that the CCNA is a super basic exam covering only the fundamentals of networking?"

I believe you're drawing an incorrect conclusion.

It's not that networking gets harder, it's just that as you learn more and more, and gain experience, earlier "walls" to climb become "easier"; they just don't appear so high.

For example, do you have a driver's license?  Did you find the written or actual driving tests difficult?  If you were to restudy and retake such tests, do you think you might find them easier and/or only "basic" and covering "fundamentals", assuming you've been driving for some years?

Or a personal example, unrelated to networking.

Courtesy of the Army, I know how to rope rappel.  I can tell you, first time going over a 20 foot cliff seemed much more difficult then when I later went over a 310 foot cliff.  Doing the latter, made the former look very easy and basic.  (BTW, although the procedures are much the same, there are just a few differences, it's not an identical experience.  Again, though, the former seemed "harder", at the time.)

Quick Links