Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Regular issues

Hello Folks,

Can we do something like this.

If Cisco can identify some default problems that can happen with any routing protocols and put some sort of troubleshooting for it, It can help the community a lot.

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Muhammad Thanveer,

Thanks for your candid response on the choice of topics you would like to see more content. I've asked one of my Technical Community Managers to look into this and take necessary action.

Thanks for your continues support and feedback; appreciated.

Regards,

Mohit

Manager, Cisco Support Community

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Mohit Mmangal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Muhammad Thanveer,

We appreciate your partnership and feedback on Cisco Support Community.

Cisco Support Community's Technical Community Management team always strive to create valued content for community users. And we'll make sure we continue to deliver high quality content keeping in mind our users interest on community. If there is any specific topic on which you want to see more knowledge, please let us know. We'll try to accommodate your request in best possible ways. Also, if you have any other suggestions or feedback about our support forums please let us know. We are eager to hear from you.

Once again, thanks for your valuable feedback and time.

Regards,

Mohit

Manager, Cisco Support Community.

Hello Mohit,

Thanks for your reply, Sorry If you find any gramatical mistakes.

I Personally dont have any specific topic,  but don't know  if I may require them in future? If you are asking me as a community member then obviously yes, I have some topics in every Forum.

Reason behind the idea was to make the things easier. I personally thank Cisco for this kind of community, i have solved many problems of mine and have cleared so many doubts with the help of forum.

Some times things are not much easier as we think, we may not get replies upon the topic, it may take time for the other person to answer them. Everybody will be busy with their own issues (I personally thank them because even after which they will find some time for the forum to help people out in the networking world).

Mohit, there are some topics for which we hardly get replies and there are some which are regular. We should identify both of them and put some troubleshooting methods for them.

If we do it, Mohit believe me, we are going to help so many people with in no time. the only time a seeker is going to spend is browsing the forum which is related to the topic. I agree that everybody have different requirements, people who can relate them also gets benifited with in less time.

For learners like me this could be like "OHhhhh is this going to happen in the real time scenario, Its awesome to find the solution here".

I have listed some of the topics like this

Example:

I see a lot of posts regarding How to do static NAT/PAT or problem after doing static NAT/PAT

I see issues of High CPU utilisation,(I appreciate cisco for putting a discussion on this topic)

I see isuues like ASDM ISSUE AFTER JAVA 7 UPDATE 7 UPGRADE

I see issues like unable to reach networks after  finding all the routes in vrf table.

MPLS Traffic Engineering issue

BGP Flap.

Multicast routing issue, concernde to bsr and static methods.

Redistribution (irrespective of Any of the protocols)

How many routes ospf, isis, eigrp,bgp can handle?

IOS and IOS XR command comparision

Un Answered

EoMPLS using microwave as Layer 1

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

Hello Muhammad Thanveer,

Thanks for your candid response on the choice of topics you would like to see more content. I've asked one of my Technical Community Managers to look into this and take necessary action.

Thanks for your continues support and feedback; appreciated.

Regards,

Mohit

Manager, Cisco Support Community

Thanks Mohit,

I really appreciate you for taking action upon these and thank you from my inner heart.

I would also like to let you know that they are only some which i have listed, but there are so many which comes under regular and critical issue. Let your team to make a study and put them at one Place.

I Thanks You Once Again Mohit. 

Regards
Thanveer

Hi,

I think its a good idea to have guides/documents/posts that handle the most commonly asked question in each section of the CSC. Usually most forums might handle this with some sort of FAQ thread/discussion that is kept at the top of the discussion page for easy reference.

I do imagine that many people might have missed the already existing content on the CSC.

I mean there are many documents that answer many of the typical questions but either people dont find them, read them or just want to make their own discussion to make sure all the information that they get is specifically suited for their situation. And I can understand that, that is partially how I might approach a situation also if I wasnt 100% sure about the contents of some document and if it would necesarily apply in my situation.

I think one possible solution to make things easier for users would be to somehow implement the Documents section more visibly into the Discussions area. Or the Document section should be arrenged in a different way than the Discussions are. At the moment the Document areas documents get buried behind tens of pages and even though they are contained under their own sections (Firewall for example) , there is no further sectioning of the topics.

I for example see a lot of documents that have to do with basic theory of networking related to Security. There are a lot of small configuration guides. There is also many good troubleshooting documents. Many of these seem to get buried out of sight and are only find with random searches.

Maybe one solution would be to rework the document section of the CSC to make the documents easier to find.

Take for example Security / Firewall section of the CSC and its Document section.

We could

• Add sections for different purpose documents (even though this would bloat the already longer tree structure of the forums probably )
    • Configuration Guides
    • Troubleshooting/Debug Guides
    • Basic Theory
    • and so on
  • Still keep the basic list view of the document so people could browse all of the Documents of the section of CSC

I personally wrote one guide related to the ASA 8.3+ NAT Configuration format and operation on the Firewall Document section. Naturally it helps alot to the visibility that as a Cisco Designated VIP the document gets more visibility as its "adverticed" on the CSC Firewall section.

If you want to have a look then you can find it here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-31116

It still lacks many things I want to add to it but to be honest at the moment reading certifications books and answering on the forums + regular work is enough for me Will have to wait for some time before I updated it more.

- Jouni

Thanks for your reply JouniForss,

We could

• Add sections for different purpose documents (even though this would bloat the already longer tree structure of the forums probably )
    • Configuration Guides
    • Troubleshooting/Debug Guides
    • Basic Theory
    • and so on
  • Still keep the basic list view of the document so people could browse all of the Documents of the section of CSC

This is a very good idea.

Regards
Thanveer

One more comment,

I would Love to see and Listen Network People advicing when people asks them about an unknown issue, to "Cisco it" rather advicing them to "google it"

Ha Ha Ha Not for other vendors.

Regards
Thanveer

Hello Thanveer,

Thanks for your feedback about cisco support community, We are always happy to see such feedback from our customers and partners.

Here are some of the document that you might want to look for routing protocol troubleshooting

EIGRP troubleshooting - FAQ

Troubleshooting OSPF

Troubleshooting BGP

We are always keeping close eyes on support forum discussion to identify customers and partners most common technical issue,new feature/configuartion related stuffs to create technical document so that customers get benefited.

Once again thanks for your contribution on community .Keep on sharing your view and knowledge on community

Regards,

Ashish Shirkar 

Technical Community manager-NI

Thanks Ashish.

If you have this I would love to see, "IOS and IOS XR command comparision"

If you can Make these kind of documets easy to browse, I mean all important docs at one place, that will be great.

These kind of docs should be kept at one place where there is no scope of addition of other docs, this make a seeker easy to identify in the forum.

Regards
Thanveer

Dear Thanveer,

Thanks for your kind suggestion.

For cisco regular IOS and IOS XR comaparision you can refer this document

Converting Cisco IOS Configurations to Cisco IOS XR Configurations

On  cisco support community we have divided technologies under sub  communities so that user can easily identify for topic related search.

For  Example if user want to search about XR related stuffs or any MPLS  related stuffs he can go to SP community and under SP community ,we have  divided into different subcommittees relate to sub technologies.

Similarly on Routing switching side we have Network  infrastructure community under which Documents are available in  different sub communities like if you need EEM related script you can  get it from EEM section.

If users specifically seeking for Cisco's Experts  document, they can go to expert corner get informative knowledge. Here  is the link for same

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/expert-corner#view=documents

We are continuing to improve support community by identifying our  customers and partners feedback and techno trends. Once again thank you  for your valuable feedback, we will definitely think on it.

Regards,

Ashish Shirkar 

Technical Community manager-NI

Thanks Ashish,

Regards
Thanveer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links