cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI3.0 v2 API - credentialProfileName

smp
Level 4
Level 4

I am unable to successfully import a device with a credential profile using the PUT Bulk Import API. The Credential Profiles Support paragraph at the top states "Parameters allowed to be used with credentialProfileName are: ipAddress, networkMask, and udfs". But when I attempt to add a device with those parameters, the import job fails because I have no SNMP parameters set. And when I do add the parameters that the Import job claims to require, the import is successful but there is no credential profile applied.

Has anyone successfully imported a device with a credential profile using the API?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Our apologies.  There was a regression in 3.0 that caused this functionality to break.  We're currently working on a fix.  We've opened CSCuw38628 to cover this (https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw38628).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Our apologies.  There was a regression in 3.0 that caused this functionality to break.  We're currently working on a fix.  We've opened CSCuw38628 to cover this (https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw38628).

Well that's a bummer, but good to know it's a known bug. Thanks for the confirmation and reference.

Just an update, we included a fix for this in the 3.0.3 maintenance release patch (I don't have a date for when the patch will be released yet).  Again, our apologies for not catching this issue before the release went out.

Hi,

Any chance something similar is affecting 2.2 right now? I'm getting the exact same symptoms, when this used to work about 3 weeks ago when I last tried it.

No, this shouldn't be affecting any 2.2 appliances.  If you're still seeing this, can you reach to me via email (my email address is in my profile) with the request payload you are sending (feel free to scrub out sensitive details, but please make sure the structure is left untouched), the full response you are getting, and the list of patches you've added to the appliance.