cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC EM EFT 2 Now in DevNet Sandbox!

cmreed
Level 4
Level 4

APIC EM BEFT 2 is now available in  the Sandbox! This sandbox contains the EFT 2 release of APIC EM. This APIC-EM sandbox provides developers with the ability to design, develop and test with the ability to fully control and manage an APIC-EM deployment as a development platform with a sample network topology and traffic generation. It also includes a Hello World getting started application guide. Try it out and let us know here in the Sandbox Community what you think!

14 Replies 14

WendellO
Level 5
Level 5

After clicking to get APIC EM from the developer.cisco.com page, the next page shows "We could not find the requested page on DevNet". I've seen this error myself, and seen other posts here in the community, when trying to download newer versions of the all--in-one VM. Any idea as to whether it's too early to get APIC-EM, or if there's a web feed problem, or something else? Thanks.

Hi Wendell,

Thanks for the information.  APIC-EM is available for access. There were some links in the APIC-EM tiles that had not been updated. They should work now.  If you are still seeing the issue, please clear your browser cache and try again.  If the issue persists, please provide the specific web page and steps to reproduce and we'll work to get the issues resolved.

Thanks,

Brett

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the help. I believe the mistake is mine - I translated "DevNet Sandbox" in cmreed's original post into "developer.cisco.com", which is incorrect; I do have access problems for the APIC EM content there. However, I didn't look at the correct URL - looks like  https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/sandbox/ gets you to at least one page on the DevNet sandbox. From there, I can get to the APIC EM lab.

Sorry for the mistake, and thanks for the help.

Wendell

Hi Wendell -

Good catch! It would have been nice if I had posted the direct link to the Sandbox page! Access APIC Sandbox here:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/sandbox/

Thanks!

Cherie

Kazumasa Ikuta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, I've reserved the sandbox and been trying to access my APIC-EM. However, it seems the APIC-EM VM instance is not able to get IP address as attached. The access to routers and switches works well. And, Over 30 minutes has passed since the lab started.

Regards,

Kazumasa

ScreenShot 2014-10-20 18.24.16.png

Hi Kazumasa,

I'm not entirely clear on the issue you're experiencing.  Are you saying that the APIC-EM VM cannot reach the network devices with the IPs included in the diagram you provided?  If so, has this issue occurred from the start or after you made a change via the REST API? If it was after a change, please let us know what that was.

Thanks,

Brett

Hi Brett,

Please find my attached image file. I see IP address and machines, such as 10.10.0.133 for HQ-GW, 10.10.20.71 for lnx1, and 10.10.10.50 for HQ-H323-GW. But NA for kikuta1978_APIC-E...

How can I access to APIC-EM through SSH or GUI?

Thanks,

Kazumasa

Hi Kazumasa,

You would access the APIC-EM server by making REST calls via HTTP to it to send/get data.  That's how you would control the network.  You can take a look at the 'HelloWorld' application that's included in the sandbox to see how to do it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Brett

I am facing the same issue. The VM is not getting IP address. Under IP it says NA, whilst for every other VM I can see IP addresses.

Is there a document that properly and completely explains how to use sandbox? It'll be a great help!

please read the sandbox document listed below, specifically point 3.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/apic-em/documents/sandbox-get-started/

For example the url to APIC-EM for network-device is

var url = 'https://10.10.10.111:443/api/v0/network-device';

Also please review page 3 of the following document (which is in the instruction panel of APIC-EM) lab:

https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/Docs/APIC_EM/Sandbox-APIC-EM-Lab-v5.pdf

Hi There

I reserved APIC EM for 1:30 to 5:30 for Nov/5/2014 and received email that setup is starting and will be completed in 30 mins

But never received any email.

I followed all the steps for reservation.

Please let me know any thoughts as what may have gone wrong and if I get access details even without receiving setup complete email?

my username is mehrandowlatshahi

Thanks

Mehran

jperry2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

updated 1226p PST 11/10/14 //jp

Good Morning,

Are there issues with the APIC-EM sandbox reservation system this AM? I am unable to create a reservation no matter what I do; there are always 86-88 conflicts. Choosing the next available time slot seems to make previous time slots unavailable; I'm now unable to choose a timeslot before January 2015! I also tried manually reserving a time for  tomorrow AM (Nov 11) and setting email preferences that would notify me 23 hours ahead of time that the reservation succeeded. This also does not work. Email prefs tab frequently seems to have a redraw problem.

At this point, all I really want to know is whether my any attempt to create any reservation succeeded. My initial "reserve now" attempt at 10 AM today produced a reservation for 12:45 PST today 11/10/14, but I haven't received any notification that the system accepted that request or that provisioning has begun (which should have been sent at 12:15p PST.)

Any assistance appreciated  - thanks!

John

Hi John -

We do have a known issue with the conflict resolver feature (DevNet Sandbox Scheduling Issue). We have escalated the issue and have a fix in hand that will be applied on Monday 11/17.

I think the team responded to you directly on the email issue you identified. I do know that they checked the logs and the email showed to have send successfully.

Thanks for the feedback and be sure to let us know if you have any other issues.

Cherie

ecorban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi john

Following our call on Tuesday, we will work with you offline on this. So we will close this thread and i will contact you

today with a date when the server is available.

Regards

Eddie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: