Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM error when setting up the environment setup

Petar Rusev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to reserve and start the DCNM Sandbox for testing. I have tried twice, as I already found an article here for the case of "Active (With Errors)" setup. The 2nd try was again with the same issue, stating problem when bringing up the CML environment, part of the Sandbox. The exact error that I see in the log is:

08:49:47 Errors reported during Setup for resource [Cisco Modeling Labs-0e9b171d]
08:49:40
ERROR detected when calling Resource Driver Command [Setup] for resource [Cisco Modeling Labs-0e9b171d].
Friendly Error Message: CML Setup Error from Resource:Cisco Modeling Labs-0e9b171d
Technical Error Message: Tried Times 5:At Address:10.10.20.161
Error Location: UDC_RD_DCNM_CMLLicenseVIRL

Can you suggest what I should do next in order to make it work? 

Thanks, Petar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Peter,

Apologies for the inconvenience

We have just switched to a new sandbox platform and it will take a few days for us to reach a steady state. We are still running a bunch of CML instances in our old system which will gradually end over the coming days. For capacity reasons, we cannot make CML available on the system until this happens. 
We will update the community when CML is available again. Be aware of two things though. There will still be an upper limit of concurrent CML labs we can run. This is due to the large footprint of CML. Secondly, there is no scheduler on our new system so its first come first serve. This is the case for all sandbox labs.
Appreciate your patience and cooperation. 

kind regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Looks like a licence issues with CML, the engineering team will need to advise.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Petar Rusev
Level 1
Level 1

After the 4th attempt it worked, but indeed there is some licensing issue.

The DNCM itself is up, but it has a lot of issues: 1st is device licensing, 2nd is the connection to the CML environment where the Nexus switches are.

At this point this sandbox is not very useful. See below:DCNM issues.JPG

Petar Rusev
Level 1
Level 1

It turns out that the DCNM SandBox is not available any more. On the page with all Data Center related SandBox-es the one with DCNM is missing: Data Center - DevNet Sandbox - Cisco DevNet

Did I miss some official information that says this SandBox will be removed? 

Could be the same issue as the team advised in another thread regarding the CML sandbox and migration to the new sandbox service/platform.

Hope this helps 

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Hello Peter,

Apologies for the inconvenience

We have just switched to a new sandbox platform and it will take a few days for us to reach a steady state. We are still running a bunch of CML instances in our old system which will gradually end over the coming days. For capacity reasons, we cannot make CML available on the system until this happens. 
We will update the community when CML is available again. Be aware of two things though. There will still be an upper limit of concurrent CML labs we can run. This is due to the large footprint of CML. Secondly, there is no scheduler on our new system so its first come first serve. This is the case for all sandbox labs.
Appreciate your patience and cooperation. 

kind regards