cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePower not working

ronnerbufford
Level 1
Level 1

Fire Power DevNet Sandbox will not take the ip address that's provided, it just times out.

5 Replies 5

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@ronnerbufford,

Which Firepower sandbox are you referring to? I'm showing two different ones in the catalog:

AlexStevenson_0-1708953503076.png

Firepower Threat Defense REST API is the box. 

The VPN now work, but the ip address does not. Please view the pictures, I've circled the issue. The ip address is not truly syncing with the server, where the IP address should be it say N/A.

ronnerbufford_0-1708984422656.jpeg

ronnerbufford_1-1708984422764.jpeg

Thanks

FTD host is not managed by vmtools which we are using to grab IP address. Please check the ip & access details from "instructions" panel. 

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@ronnerbufford is this a duplicate issue to this discussion?

Issues with sandbox requestS on FTD

https://community.cisco.com/t5/devnet-sandbox/issues-with-sandbox-requests-on-ftd/td-p/5024110

ronnerbufford
Level 1
Level 1

Everyone, I'm thankful for the help, but the issue has not been resolved. Please spin up a connection to this sandbox and see if you can connect to the VPN and then remote into the server from the browser using the IP address that's provided, I cannot because the address is not reachable and the browser times-out.

1. The VPN is now working, at first the VPN was not giving the right address (problem is fixed)

ronnerbufford_2-1709044105914.jpeg

2. The IP Address issue is still happening, the ip address when entering in the browser window times out because it can't find the server, and the problem is not the browser, I tried 3 different browsers. the VM doesn't have an IP, it says that (n/a) on it. I've circled all of this in the pictures. (Still Having Issue)

ronnerbufford_1-1709044031617.jpeg

I also took a screen shot of an ISE sandbox that's working perfectly fine and the VM's all have ip addresses connected to them, please review the screenshot's. 

ronnerbufford_0-1709043476889.jpeg

Please do this:

1. Review the screenshots
  2. Spin up and sandbox of the (Firepower Threat Defense REST API-20240227T06480394) and see if you can get to the server by logging into the browser? see if you can see the ip address on the VM? Thanks in advance

Why does the ISE sandbox have VM's have IP Addresses in the picture, but the Fire Power sandbox has N/A by ip address? Resolve that and it probably resolves the problem.

Thanks in advance for spinning up a sandbox and verifying that you can connect and log into the firePower using the browser.

The sandbox is (Firepower Threat Defense REST API-20240227T06480394)