Apresentações
Útil
Respostas

ASR 1001-X Questions

AlisonClick
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a cisco 1001-x with 16gb ram and I have a question.

I have all licenses; 20G Throughput, CGNAT, 8K Sessions PPP, etc.

My doubt is, it´s possible to use all in one ? BGP + CGNAT + PPPoE ?

BGP - 2 Transit IP Full Routing + 1 IX Full (Around Approximately 2 million routes)

PPP - 3K Sessions + CGNAT.

Does this router support all these services?

Best regards.

3 RESPOSTAS 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that should work as expected technically.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

doss270423
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco 1001-X router with 16GB of RAM can support all of the services you mentioned, including BGP, CGNAT, and PPPoE.

However, the specific features that you can enable will depend on the license that you have. For example, the 20G Throughput license enables the router to support up to 20 Gbps of throughput.

The CGNAT license enables the router to perform carrier-grade NAT.

The 8K Sessions PPP license enables the router to support up to 8,000 PPPoE sessions.

If you have all of these licenses, then you will be able to use all of the features that they enable. This includes being able to run BGP with 2 transit IP full routing and 1 IX full (around approximately 2 million routes), as well as being able to support 3K PPPoE sessions with CGNAT. However, it is important to note that the Cisco 1001-X router has a limited amount of resources. This means that if you enable too many features, the router may not be able to perform all of them at the same time.

For example, if you enable BGP with 2 transit IP full routing and 1 IX full (around approximately 2 million routes), the router may not be able to support 3K PPPoE sessions with CGNAT at the same time

Regards,

please rate if it’s helpful 

I'll buy a used cisco asr1001x, can you tell me which name is of license to do CGNAT, PPPoE and BGP? thank you!