Visites
Compliment
Réponses

WLC 9800 management ip change

bertrand B
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two Cisco WLC 9800 in HA. I want to change the management IP and I'am looking for documentation or information on this operation.

The mangement IP is used for the AP, so I know I will have to change option 43 in DHCP. Changing management IP may disrupt comunication between AP and controler. Will all the AP reboot at once ?

For HA is there any other solution than : removing HA, reconfigure IPs of both WLC and re-initiate HA ?

If there is a seeamless migration process, I will apriciate

Tell me if you need more informations, for a beter response.

Thanks a lot

3 RÉPONSES 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If this HA, you need to break the HA and reconfigure - there is will small downtime while you doing this task.

Option 43 only works when the AP on boarding freshly.

I suggest to configure Alternative WLC IP address that new one to all the AP, soi If OLD IP not reacable they can try register with New WLC IP which you changed.

Once all the AP joined as expected, remove the OLD WLC IP address from AP.

yes Option 43 need to change in case any AP onboarding - so they use new WLC IP

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Bonjour,

Je ne sais pas si cela peut vous aider, mais voici un document Cisco qui indique que l'option 43 DHCP peut emporter plusieurs adresses IP de controlleurs WLC : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/97066-dhcp-option-43-00.html  Cela peut être utile l'ors de la migration, tout dépend du matériel que vous avez à disposition et aussi du temps dont vous disposez pour faire la migration.

*** Obtenez des réponses techniques plus rapidement : Vidéo (15 min. fr) Visitez mon Blog technique. ***

Jimena Saez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bonjour @bertrand B ,

Balaji.Bandi et Cybersecurite2023 vous ont partagé leurs commentaires.
Est-ce que celà à satisfait votre question ou bien, est-ce que vous avez toujours besoin d'aide/avis ? 

Balaji.Bandi and Cybersecurity 2023 have shared their comments with you.
Did this answer your question or do you still need guidance?

Toujours à votre écoute !