cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Cisco in a slow decline or not?

poala00
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone! I have a few quick questions for you as somebody who is researching the company.

I've been hearing a lot of mixed reviews about Cisco. In particular, people are claiming that their products are declining in quality, their customer service is becoming worse, licensing is bad, the software is poor, lead times are extremely long.

What has been your experience with Cisco recently? What do you use them for? Why are you choosing Cisco instead of alternatives? Would you go with a different provider instead?

I haven't directly used Cisco's products in a outside of their VPN and DUO Authentication app, but I keep seeing their hardware everywhere I go. I just wanted to get a feel for what you think. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to reply!

4 Replies 4

Support community is for providing technical support and its not the place for public survey. You can create a survey and post this on platforms like linkedin if you are doing a research on this topic.

Response Signature

ammahend
VIP
VIP

In my experience Cisco has made some great cloud native acquisitions in recent past like Umbrella, Meraki etc which are great product with great build quality both Hardware and software, Customer service can be improved, licensing has got a lot less complex across multiple platforms with standard DNA licensing adoption, lead time was because of supply chain during covid, it was across industry not just Cisco, but they are getting very reasonable recently. I would stay with Cisco.

-hope this helps-

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I recommend you stick with the thread in the other forum.  

Croozn
Level 1
Level 1

When there are cheaper products that essentially do the same thing in less complicated ways, then maybe.