Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP Private Cloud

Hi guys,

I am studying for the CCIE Security lab and I would like to do some labs of AMP Private Cloud.

Do you know if it is possible to download .ova/ovf to study?

2 Replies 2

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Claudio,
glad to hear that you are working on CCIE Security LAB. Regarding a LAB with Secure Endpoint Private Cloud. I would suggest working with a Cloud version, why:

1. Downloading the OVA is easy, but you need a license file as well. I do not have any info if there is a Student license available.
  2. The virtual Appliance needs at least 32GB RAM and 5TB disk (thin provisioned). So you need the proper hardware to install it.
  3. There is some other work to do like full DNS deployment and an CA (you can also use XCA)
    1. the CA must be added to the Trusted Root CA, otherwise endpoints do not communicate with the private cloud.
  4. From the EDR/XDR perspective, the cloud makes more sense, because:
    1. SecureX integration
    2. Threat Response
    3. Security automation
    4. 3rd Party integration modules
    5. SecureX Ribbon and apps, Pivot Menu app and so on...
  5. If you have a virtual FTD running, you can integrate the device into CDO, and integrate all into SecureX.

So finally, i would recommend to get in touch with a Cisco representative to get a Seucre Endpoint cloud account. If you prefer OnPremise, you may ping your Cisco Representative as well to get a license file.

Greetings,
Thorsten

Hello Troja007,

Thank you very much for the information and your attention.