cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FireAMP uninstall

jbelferi
Level 1
Level 1

I have FireAMP on my machine which I think may have been installed as part of AnyConnect (?).  I would like to uninstall it in order to troubleshoot other issues I'm having.  The uninstall is prompting for a password, but I never recall setting up a password to begin with (as I didn't specifically install FireAMP either).  How do I go about uninstalling the product?  I have uninstalled AnyConnect, but this did not uninstall FireAMP.

13 Replies 13

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team,

See if the following link helps you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/sourcefire-fireamp-endpoints/118588-technote-fireamp-00.html

Rate and correct if the post helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

Thanks Jetsy,  I have seen this link before and tried to disable the service.  I also tried the net command as administrator but it says the requested pause, continue, or stop is not valid for this service.  The GUI tool requests a password, which I don't have and don't remember ever being prompted to create.

restore computer to previous date

majacob2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You will need to reach out to the network admin or the person that administers the VPN/Security policy for your organization and have them uninstall the product using the connector protect password. You can uninstall it from the Windows control panel for Add/Remove programs, but you will still need the connector password in order to do that. As far as stopping the service, you would need the password for that as well. I can help you remove the connector if you are not able to contact the organization's admin for this if you can open a TAC case. I am an AMP engineer in TAC and I can assist you in removing the connector if needed.

Best regards,

Matt Jacobs

FireAMP TAC SME 

Thanks Matt, but this is on my personal lap top.  It doesn't look like my id can open a TAC case if this is the link for it:

https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do

If you can generate a diagnostic file (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/sourcefire-fireamp-endpoints/118228-technote-fireamp-00.html ) and email it to me, I can try to assist as best I can. Please include the company you were connecting to when you had the AMP Connector pushed out and I will help you as best I can. majacob2[at]cisco[dot]com.

Regards,

Matt J

Thanks Matt,

I have sent the file via OneDrive since it was a little too large for my email providers to accept.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

John

kkozielec
Level 1
Level 1

Just following up on this.

I know this is old but I may have found a way to resolve this issue. Any chance you still have the original files? Specifically the policy.xml located in the fireamp directory? 

ammarhayder
Level 1
Level 1

ammarhayder
Level 1
Level 1

Greg Terkanian
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to update it to help others.  Find the file "policy.xml" in the installation folder.  Find the key "<uninstallex>1</uninstallex>" and set it to 0.  Run the uninstaller again.