cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Upgrade from 6.2.2 to 6.2.3 failed

priyank.patel
Level 1
Level 1

FMC 750 was running on 6.2.2 version and when we tried to upgrade it to latest version 6.2.3 it failed.

The ping was working fine but we are not able to access the FMC GUI. We tried to reboot the device, no luck.

Then we tried to restore the image via physical connection to firepower console but it gives error.

Possible solution to restore the firepower console without any traffic interruption.

2 Replies 2

Greg Smalley
Level 1
Level 1

Since FMC only applies policies to your end devices you will not have to worry about traffic interruption.  You just won't be able to make changes to policies until you restore your FMC.

You will need to re-image to 6.2.2 using "Sourcefire_Defense_Center_S3-6.2.2-81-Restore.iso."

Information on re-imaging is here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/hw/getting-started/firepower-management-center/Firepower-MC-Getting-Started.html

After the reimage you can restore from your backup.

I would verify everything is working correctly post reimage and then start upgrade to 6.2.3.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the information, I had followed all the steps mentioned in the guide. Now I can access the management console but cannot upgrade the version.
So I had opened a TAC support ticket.