cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Geting Windows Defender to work with FireAMP installed

Marius Gunnerud
VIP Advisor VIP Advisor
VIP Advisor

When I install FireAMP on my windows 8 PC, windows defender is disabled (much the same as when installing an antivirus software).  I tried excluding it from FireAMP scan but I have a feeling that that is not the problem and that this is a Windows Defender issue and how it reacts when certain other types of software is installed.

Does anyone know of a way to get Windows Defender and FireAMP to work in parallel with eachother?

Thanks in advance.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeremyarcher
Beginner
Beginner

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0dcc5c18-9bdd-4a9b-b7bb-172f0531d94e/defender-wont-stay-on-when-deploying-sourcefires-fireamp

Group policy edit:

Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->Windows Components-->Windows Defender

Turn off Windows Defender = Disabled
Allow antimalware service to remain running always = Enabled

With those policies set, Defender will continue to run even after FireAMP is installed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jeremyarcher
Beginner
Beginner

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0dcc5c18-9bdd-4a9b-b7bb-172f0531d94e/defender-wont-stay-on-when-deploying-sourcefires-fireamp

Group policy edit:

Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->Windows Components-->Windows Defender

Turn off Windows Defender = Disabled
Allow antimalware service to remain running always = Enabled

With those policies set, Defender will continue to run even after FireAMP is installed.

Hi,

Yes, I figured this out a little while back.  Thanks for posting though.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers