cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Server-side workflows against Service Link updated parameter/data

lim.park01
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to attach any server-side workflows to service link inbound updates/data other than what is available via parameter mapping and prebuilt functions? I need to manipulate a piece of data that is being updated in to a field by service link inbound message beyond what is available via prebuilt functions...

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Paul Jeffrey
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not aware of any such feature off-hand, but what sort of data manipulation do you need to do, is it not possible to do this with your inbound XSL Transformation?

I could probably do it in the XSL, but my goal is to keep the agent configuration, parameter mappings and transformation generic as possible so that it can be reused without modification. For example, I have agent configuration for interacting with an external system, that is passing a certain number of parameters back and forth, but the actual use of these paramters may be different from one service or task to another that is interfacing with this same external system. So the parameter I need to add some logic to for this instance of the task may be representing something different from another task call, even if same parameter is used to carry that data across.

Adding the logic and manipulation in the transformation will work for us if we can override and use different transformation in the task plan settings, similar to how we can override the parameter mappings, but that is not available today...

Oh OK I see now, unfortunately I don't know if this would be possible, at least from my experience, the only thing I would be able to suggest is conditional statements (choose/when or if) based on some flag (if you have one) on the inbound message.

Also, depending on what type of inbound agent you use, it might not be possible, even in the future, to apply a different XSL based on the task as you would not know the channel-id (and thus task name) until the XSL has transformed the message into nsXML format, this would probably differ depending on the type of inbound agent you are using though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: