cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFTP UNIX Agent upgrade

Wellsfargo2010
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded our unix agent from 2.2.0.51 to 3.0.2.04 now all our tidal SFTP jobs are failing with error below:

Error : The host signature is invalid or the host key was not accepted!

We have backed out upgrade and now SFTP's are working fine.

Is there a file or rsa key I can copy from old agent to new agent to get SFTP jobs to work?

Master is windows 5.3.1.374

Tidal's answer was:

If Unix:

Add SSLVLDCRT=N to the tagent.ini file and restart the agent.

but isn't this bypassing cert validation?
Isn't there some keys I could could from old agent to new agent to get sftp to work?
2 Replies 2

Tracy Donmoyer
Level 1
Level 1

The default behavior for the 2.x agent FTP client is to bypass known host validation.  The default behavior for the 3.x agent is to require known host validation.  This is true for both Unix and Windows agents.

So, unless you specifically enabled known host validation on your 2.x agent, it was not being done.  Since your 3.x agents generated the error, it seems you did not have known host validation enabled on your 2.x agents.

At this point you have two options.  Either specify SSLVLDCRT=N in the tagent.ini file or obtain known host keys for all systems you are connecting to and store them in the tagent.ini file.

The "Agent 3.0 ReleaseNotesUnix" PDF provides the details.

Thanks.

Tracy Donmoyer

Okay so the default in 2.x was “N” and default in 3.x is “Y” and since we had 2.x running we can either set to “N” or obtain known host keys for all systems you are connecting to and store them in the tagent.ini file.

Okay I will choose set to “N”

We have a freeze on now for changes and this is a prod server so not sure when I can get this done probably January, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: