cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5506X Cannot Connect to ASDM after Configuring FirePower

sblasiol
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, I have gone through the quickstart guide for deploying the ASA 5506X.  As soon as I configure the FirePower services my ASDM stops working I get an error saying that ASDM cannot pull the configuration.  I know this is the SF module because when I shut down the sfr the ASDM works fine again.  Inside interface is 192.168.15.1, sfr managment is 192.168.15.2, m1/1 is unconfigured and plugged into a wide open switch that the inside interface of the ASA is also plugged into (identical to the Quickstart guide). 

I thought there was a problem with the sfr so I reimaged it the other night, but it is doing the same thing now.  Not sure what is wrong because I followed the directions to the T.  Anyone else having this problem?

3 Replies 3

Akshay Rastogi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

- Instead of shuting donw the sfr module, could you please try admin down the management1/1 and then see if it works?

- Also instead of configuring SFR through ASDM, could you try with cli once?

I belive there is some overlapping configuration on SFR which might be causing this issue.

For testing purpose you could try with latest ASDM version asdm-751-90.bin.

Regards,

Akshay Rastogi

Rishabh Seth
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can check couple of thing:

1. Ensure you have reachability to SFR management ip from the worskstation.

2. Check the Java version running on your PC, if it is Java8 update60 or above then rollback to Java version 8 update51 or lowrer. This issue is tracked by defect

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw54048/?reffering_site=dumpcr

>> If it doesnt help then check the Java console logs of ASDM while connecting to ASA.

Thanks,

R.Seth

robdembski
Level 1
Level 1

This is an issue with Windows 10.  In my case, I built a Windows 7 machine in Hyper-V on my Win10 machine and could properly connect to ASDM and FirePOWER through the Windows 7 VM..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card