cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5510 with multiple Static IP ranges

j.bourque
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 5510 just put in with a public IP range of 209.x.x.x/29 and we are out of free IP addresses. Our ISP is unable to give us a larger range but has given us a seperate block of IP's 65.x.x.x/29. I am not sure how to program my 5510 to support the IP range. Do I need to give my outside int a secondary IP address? This new IP range will only be used for 1 to 1 nats. Do I need to create a static route or secondary default router, if so, how?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jason

No you don't need a secondary address. As long as the ISP routes traffic for this new subnet to the outside interface of your ASA and they should be if they have allocated you that subnet then you can just use normal static statements + access-list entries to allow access to servers

eg.

static (dmz,outside) netmask 255.255.255.255

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jason

No you don't need a secondary address. As long as the ISP routes traffic for this new subnet to the outside interface of your ASA and they should be if they have allocated you that subnet then you can just use normal static statements + access-list entries to allow access to servers

eg.

static (dmz,outside) netmask 255.255.255.255

Jon

wow, that was fast. That makes sense, I'm going to confirm this with the ISP and run with it from there. Thank you for the quick response.

JB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card