Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing website problem

Dear All,

We are using ASA5500 firewall as a gateway. The company's website is browsed from outside network, but i cannot browse it from the inside network. The webserver is hosted outside the network. There is no access list configured to deny accessing this site,but the domain name configured on the firewall is the same as the web address,may be if this has an effect since the web server is outside the inside network, please advice?

Thank you in advance

Mulu

3 Replies 3

Tim Schneider
Level 1
Level 1

If the Domain names are the same, your internal DNS record will surely point you to the ASA instead of the webserver.

Try to nslookup the doman name from your Client PC's CMD.

Thank you Tim for your reply,

In our network there are two firewalls working as intrnal and external,in between them there is DMZ. In the internal firewall the domain name is the correct domain name not the same as the web address. But at the external firewall the domain name is the same as the web address. And the DNS lookup for the website reply public IP address,even when i browse with the IP address i can't access. So shall i change the domain name for the external firewall. We are using that domain name for CA certeficate.

Thank you again,

Mulu

When you can't reach the webserver by IP something's wrong with your network.

Can you access other websites (by IP)?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card