cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add/Remove Interface from FTD instance.

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Say I have a pair of FTD 4k with two container instances running (v7.2). Each instance is running HA between the two physical appliances and each instance has etherchannel made of two interfaces. 

From what I read, the individual interfaces can be added/removed to/from the instance live but what about add/remove etherchannel member interface to/from the instance? Would either or both of the following be hitless change:

• If I wanted to add a unused interface from chassis to etherchannel associated with an existing instances;
  • If I wanted to remove an interface from etherchannel associated with one instance and then reassign the interface to another etherchannel used by the other instance. 
4 Replies 4

sorry I have little info. about FPR 4K 
so you have two physical FPR 4K and you config two instance in each pair and use FXOS to config port for each instance. 
so what exact issue here? 

I do not have issue but I need to understand what would be the impact OR maybe no impact if I add/remove physical interface to/from instance and etherchannel.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-ngfw/215351-configure-verify-and-troubleshoot-port.html

I need to check if the FXOS need to reload after 
 commit-buffer or NOT

thanks
MHM

Thanks for the link. I do not believe the FXOS would need to reboot but not sure what would the container instance do under either of my scenarios...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card