Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding firewall to my existing LAN Network

edwincharles
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I am new to security. need your help in designing my network with security (ASA5506x)

my current network has no security. ISP modem connected to Router, and I have multiple subnet for data, voice and CCTV.

2 Replies 2

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

You might wanna start by segmenting your network using your ASA firewall. You may use ACLs between different security zones (like internal to cctv network) and route your untrusted networks like cctv, dmz and wan connection to ISP on your new firewall to make sure those network segments are correctly restricted.

If you want to use security features like IPS, Security Intelligence (blacklisting IPs / Domains), URL Filtering and Advanced Malware Protection for your internet traffic you can look into the Firepower module which can be used on your ASA for enhanced security features. (additional licenses required).

Let me know if you have any specific questions considering configuration or design.

Thank you kaisero for your response.

If you could assist me on configuring the ASA5506x to be added to my existing network, for features currently i don't have license will go for it in future.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card