Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect - default server connect

zizaziza011
Level 1
Level 1

Hello AnyConnect masters!

I am running Cisco AnyConnect with configured Client Profiles specifying list of 4 different servers/URLs that user can chose from to connect. I use Auto Connect option, as we want Always-On kind of scenario for Remote VPN users. 

Now what I need is 1 default server. Every time user power on his lap top, or travel, or AnyConnect gets "restarted" anyhow, user should see that default servers as an option specified in the drop down menu of his AnyConnect client. Basically - "first offered option" should always be the same.

In example lets say user has the following drop down menu:

1 United States (default)
2 New York
3 LA
4 Chicago 

User can select anything he wants from the list, but whenever he opens his lap top - selected option from the list should be United States (unless user explicitly selects otherwise). How do we achieve this?

Keep in mind that I have 3 different ASAs (in NY, LA and CHI) and they are all running the same connection settings. Should I put UNITED STATES (thats just a geo-balanced URL on a public DNS server) on top of each ASA?

Big thanks!

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'd put only one on the "list" - the geo-balanced URL. Make the other URLs available by manual intervention using a URL without a published alias.

So the default and only listing goes to vpn.company.com (geo-balanced). Users can manually change that by typing in vpn.company.com/ny (or /la or /chi).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card