cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS400 (Client Access) Connection thought a PIX 515... wins setup on client?

mtbcyclist
Level 1
Level 1

I am running the latest Cisco VPN client, and the latest PIX 515 IOS. Am using a Micsrosoft IAS server for authentication. Am also using WINS so that the VPN client can map drives, and access resources on the windows side of the network. This part works altought the performance is slow. It is just as slow as running Windows terminal services client. Is there a way to tweak it to make it faster?

I am trying to set things up so people can access our AS400 though the vpn using Client Access (which is a basic 5250 terminal emulator). Since the AS400 does not support WINS I am unable to see it from the VPN client (cannot map a drive to it) AS400 does support Netbios, but that does not help in a VPN situation since Netbios is non-routable. Any ideas here??

Next issue. To see the internal network I have to setup the ip address of the internal WINS server on the VPN client. No big deal, but I have to delete it to access web pages. Still not a big deal for me, but I want to make it idiot proof for our non computer savy users. Any way to elimante this?

Thanks!

Chad

I am sure there is somebody doing this somewhere. If anybody can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Reply 1

mmellet
Level 3
Level 3

You may setup some 5250 over IP server at the AS400 end and access this server over IP from the VPN client environment.

The second part of your question, i donot see any reason why you cannot access web pages. May be you should check your DNS settings.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card