Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5500 Question

sadik.bash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am new to Firewalling and the ASA products. I have a question regarding the ASA 5500 tunneling capacity. If I have an ASA 5500(at a remote site) with a tunnel established to an ISR (headquarters), what is the number of concurrent sessions allowed in this tunnel? Put in another way, what is the maximum number of computers behind the ASA 5500 that are allowed through the tunnel?

Any suggestions or information to help clarify this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is correct for the ASA5505 model, 10000 max connections with base license , 25000 max connections with sec plus license.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Go to this link and under Maximum firewall connections, reference your asa model.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Thank you for the prompt response.

I would like some clarification on the difference between the:

- Max firewall connections

- Max site-to-site & remote access VPN sessions

- Max SSL VPN user sessions

Which one of these categories addresses my question? The max number of computers allowed throught the site-to-site tunnel?

Thanks again!

SK

Think of connections tcp/udp , not computers..

The overwall firewall maximun concurrent connections combining every other connections ssl, http.. etc..

Maximun site-to-site and RAs peer tunnels ( Not connections ) just peer tunnels , that inlcudes L2L tunnels and RA tunnels.

For SSL vpn users is the Maximung SSL concurrent SSL session the firewall is allow to handle.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks for the prompt response!

So, the max concurrent tcp/udp connections that the ASA 5500 can handel is 10000/25000, correct?

Thanks in advance,

sK

Is correct for the ASA5505 model, 10000 max connections with base license , 25000 max connections with sec plus license.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks for the prompt response!

So, the max concurrent tcp/udp connections that the ASA 5500 can handel is 10000/25000, correct?

Thanks in advance,

sK

Sadik, yes that is correct, concurrent tcp/udp connections.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card