cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510!

a.hajhamad
Level 4
Level 4

The main difference between Cisco ASA 5510 Firewall Edition Bundle and the Cisco ASA 5510 Security Plus Firewall Edition Bundle (ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 ) is that ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 comes with two Cisco ASA devices for Active/failover and also 5 FE interfaces and also the price :D? Just to make sure that Cisco ASA 5510 Firewall Edition Bundle is one device (no standby device) and the ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 comes with two devices Active/Standby, right?

5 Replies 5

a.hajhamad
Level 4
Level 4

Hi again,

i think ASA5510 with IPS (ASA 5510 Appliance with AIP-SSM-10,SW, 3FE, 3DES/AES) is a good solution since i need in IDS, so it is better to have ASA5510 with IPS, again, is (ASA 5510 Appliance with AIP-SSM-10,SW, 3FE, 3DES/AES) comes with two devices active/standby, if yes the IPS SSM can be installed at the primary (active) device, what happens if this active device failed, i.e the secondary (standby) device has no AIP-SSM installed, no ips functionallity?

thanks in dvance

i don't think it refers to 2 chassises. it really means it supports failover.

in fact the main difference between bun-k9 and sec-bun-k9 is the number of interface. bun-k9 has 3 whereas sec-bun-k9 has 5.

regarding the ssm, it doesn't support failover.

so i need to order another chassis to be standby?

yes.

I ordered a 5540 and a 5510 for this purpose and it is working well

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card