cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA configuration modified

umakanthreddy
Level 1
Level 1

When i log into the firewall i see the configuration is last modified, Even though i don't change any configuration on the Firewall.

Please let me know if any one is aware of this why it happens.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Anu M Chacko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is the time value for the message inconsistent? What version of ASA are you running? The device might be hitting the bug:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsv80536

Symptom:
The output of 'show version' shows the last time the  configuration was modified. This time value might change even if no  configuration changes have been made. The value might drift up to 1  second from the time of the actual change.

Workaround:
None

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Anu

P.S. Please mark this post as resolved if your question has been answered. Do rate helpful posts.

Anu Chacko

Thanks for the information provided. Also we see this is happening in 8.2(1) ver also.

Also since we have LMS 2.6 has a configuration backup tool, which takes backup at every midnight 00:00. With configuration backup happening  does we get the the message " Last configuration has been modified "

Please let me know on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card