Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA fixed version

aboelhouwers
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

How can one detect which ASA fixed version a ASA is running. When I issue the show version command I only see 8.4(1) but I also want to know which "fixed" release the ASA is running. The reason I want to know this, is that the Cisco bug tool says for instance Fixed in 8.4(1.5) or 8.4(1.201).

My next question is, where can I download these "fix"releases?

Thansk in advance.

Kind regards

Aad Boelhouwers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

This can be explained by the support engineer that is going to take your case. But, in general, those fixes are meant to fix specific bugs, if other customers that are not running with the issue decide to upgrade, and the device crash, a new issue may need to be taken care off, even thou the customer was running with a fine version and no issues.

Versions published on CCO they supposed to be strong and without any mayor problems.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You will need to open a service request so a TAC engineer can publish the image for you.

Cheers.

Mike

Mike

Thanks Mike. But can you explain why the "fix" versions aren't publish on the download site? I'm running into a ESMTP problem which is known by Cisco and a fix is available. Why do I have to run into this problem, with >10000 mailboxes we have in the network.

But again thanks.

Kind regards

Aad

Hello,

This can be explained by the support engineer that is going to take your case. But, in general, those fixes are meant to fix specific bugs, if other customers that are not running with the issue decide to upgrade, and the device crash, a new issue may need to be taken care off, even thou the customer was running with a fine version and no issues.

Versions published on CCO they supposed to be strong and without any mayor problems.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike

Hi Mike,

Loud and clear.

Thanks again

Rgrds

Aad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card