cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA licensing

Jon Moots
Level 1
Level 1

OK, I am completely baffled by the Cisco AnyConnect licensing. I have an out of the box ASA 5515-x firewall that has the following:

AnyConnect Premium Peers : 2

AnyConnect Essentials : Disabled

Other VPN Peers : 250

Total VPN Peers : 250

What I would like to know is how many remote clients on AnyConnect can I support with the current settings?

I have 10 remote users that need to connect back in via VPN client to access internal servers and I'm not sure what I need for them. Will I need AnyConnect clients? Do I need to purchase more of them? Do I need to purchase AnyConnect Essentials or Premium? I only need laptop connections so I don't think I need Premium at all.

Any Help to understand this would be appreciated.

-Jon

1 Reply 1

Pranay Prasoon
Level 3
Level 3

Other VPN Peers : 250 this license is for ikev1 and ikev2 site-2-site VPN. You can also use it with remove access ikev1 VPN.

AnyConnect Premium Peers:- This license contains feature for anyconnect mobile, advance end point assessment, anyconnect premium shared, ssl VPN clients, remote access ipsec vpn (needed for ikev2 only) , clientless ssl VPN etc

AnyConnect essential :- client ssl vpn, ipsec remote access ikev2, anyconnect mobile

You have anyconnect premium license 2 by default. If you need to connect only 10 ssl VPN clients then, you only need to purchase ssl vpn essential.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card