cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Install on windows or mac

dustin inge
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to setup a ASA 5515-x for the first time on my own.
I have followed what I can on default cmd setup for the MGMT port.

interface Management0/0

management-only

nameif management

security-level 100

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 

When I load the IP address on the IMAC I can view the website page on safari, with no issue. Just get a error to install (attached Screenshot 2022-06-05)

On windows I can't even load the webpage

(attached 67788445952) 

Any Assistance Appreciated. Computer is auto pulling a ip when plugged into mgmt port. And both computers have the MGMT port 192.168.1.1 added to the java sites.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Depending on ASA and accompanying ASDM software version(s) being used check System Requirements for ASDM as in : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/7_13/release/notes/rn713.html#id_25469 (e.g.)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Atleast scene that page. 
I’m using chrome and edge and safari on iMac. 

loads on browser through iMac. Just won’t install

won’t even load on windows browser

- You are not responding to all the items I wanted you to verify.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I don’t see a question from you of what your wanting me to check and post 

erro message is give us some hint, 
the ASA support I think tlsv1.1 and Mac support tlsv1.2 or the cipher is mismatch between Mac and ASA.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa96/asdm76/vpn/asdm-76-vpn-config/vpn-asdm-ssl.pdf

this link for you config the TLS v in ASA

dustin inge
Level 1
Level 1

I connected the console port and the mgmt port directly to my windows server 2023 

utilizing the old Internet explorer the webpage loaded there. Asdm is loading. 
now have to figure out why it won’t actually load the aca5515-x

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card