Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FirePower FMC GUI - Warning "High Disk Space Utilization"

Lamin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have an FMC appliance deployed in VMWare for managing FTD clusters. However, the system intermittently displays the following warning "High Disk Space Utilization". In general, FMC GUI can take up to 30 seconds to load when you log in and reloads equally take longer too.

After several search online, I found a resource on https://www.speaknetworks.com/cisco-firepower-high-disk-space-utilization/, Through this guidance, I have been able to query the appliance to verify disk volumes usage (see below)

File SystemTypeSizeUsedAvailableUsed %Mounted on
/dev/sda5ext43.9G1.5G2.2G41%/
nonedevtmpfs17G32M17G1%/dev
/dev/sda1  ext4 91M   38M   47M  45%/boot
/dev/sda7ext4 256G35G208G 15%/var
nonetmpfs17G177K17G1%/dev/shm
tmpfstmpfs17G017G0%/sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfstmpfs17G017G0%/sys/fs/cgroup/pm

As mentioned on the website, "The system generates warning when any directory is 85% utilized and critical when it reaches 90%." As you can see on the attached image, none of the volumes exceed that level. 

I thought I'd post this here to get your views or if you may have come across a similar issue in the past

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There have been some bugs filed around that warning - it's not always accurate or true.

FMC performance is generally greatly improved since version 6.6+. They totally swapped out the underlying databases to use MonetDB and also increased the VM memory requirement to 28 GB (32 GB recommended).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card