Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FMC Term Subscription

Halfeez92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just purchased a term subscription for my FMC. The question is do I need to reboot after applying the key in order for the term to take effect? And since I have HA FP8350 controlled under my FMC do I need to reboot them too? Or just the FMC? Please advice thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Term and permanent licenses both do not require any reboot of any device across FMC/FTD/Firepower classic appliance/Firepower service module systems.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
The license you purchased is in your smart account?
There's no need to reboot the FMC in that circumstances. For FTD, no need as well to reload them.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Yes, the license is currently associated with and inside my smart account. But do I need to manually update the term subscription? Or it just updated online?

Hello,

when you get an email from Cisco you going to Smart Software Manager portal, go to inventory, create token and on the top left under the token click the blue arrow it opens the FMC key then copy and go back to the FMC then system, Licenses smart licenses, Register and past the key licenses and apply and click synchronise it will appear next to Cisco Smart Software Manager on the FMC. 

here is a great Youtube video shows you how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_5OOd6o42I.

As far as I know you only need to reboot FTD when you apply licenses to Malware, Threat Defence, URL Filtering, anyconnect apex and etc.

Hope it helps. 

Term and permanent licenses both do not require any reboot of any device across FMC/FTD/Firepower classic appliance/Firepower service module systems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card