Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IPS Manager Express

I am running IPS Manager Express 7.0.3, monitoring several ASA-SSM devices.  Just recently the devices are starting to show Event Status and Sensor Health errors when viewed in IPS ME.  When i do a device status from IME is get the following error:

Unable to get sensor version. Exception: java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Thu Aug 25 14:40:47 GMT+12:00 2011

If I delete the device from IME and then add it in again, I get the same error when the software attempts to connect and thus can not add the device back into IME.  I cant find reference to this in the IME software help, or in the online help doument for IME.  I do not know what certificate the software is reffering to.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

thanks

EDIT: The error elated to expired ssl server certs on the IPS modules.  Generated new certs and updated IPSME and CSM to recognise these and they're now all good.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dustin Ralich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike. Looks like you resolved this before a response was posted . FYI (and for good documentation incase anyone else is experiencing this same issue and finds this discussion), this is well-documented here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Dustin Ralich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike. Looks like you resolved this before a response was posted . FYI (and for good documentation incase anyone else is experiencing this same issue and finds this discussion), this is well-documented here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card