Views
Helpful
Replies

Compare ASA

Ahmad Khalifa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello EveryBody

I need to know waht is the Different between the ASA5515-SSD120-K9 and ASA5515-K9?????

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The first model mentioned contains the 120G SSD Drive. To my understanding its mainly used for ASA CX.

I am not 100% sure if the IPS in the new ASA5500-X Series requires the 120GB SSD model. If I remember correctly it doesnt.

Also a Cisco document seems to mention the purpose of the SSD drive to be only related to the ASA CX (WSE and AVC)

Q. What is the purpose of the solid state drive (SSD)?

A. The SSD is required in order to run the Cisco AVC and WSE  next-generation firewall services on the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series. The  SSD stores logs and any reports for traffic that is processed by these  services, in addition to application signatures and a web security  database that are part of these subscriptions.

Source:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/qa_c67-700608.html

- Jouni

You are correct Jouni. The SSD drive is specifically for the CX. IPS on the ASA does not require the hard drive.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card